Kestenbaum & Mark LLP’s comprehensive tax practice includes civil and criminal tax controversies and investigations. Our practice ranges from complex substantive tax issues to procedural problems in the examination, appeal and collection processes. We provide representation in administrative proceedings and trials in the U.S. Tax Court, U.S. Court of Federal Claims, Federal District and Bankruptcy Courts, State and Local Tax tribunals, and appeals in Federal and State Appellate Courts.
In our tax controversy practice, our objective is to resolve cases quickly, efficiently, and successfully. As a team, we develop creative strategies to swiftly resolve tax controversies prior to litigation, but are always being prepared to take a matter to trial when it is in the best interest of our client. Our experience encompasses all phases of tax litigation, including summonses and subpoenas, administrative protests and petitions, discovery, depositions, and motions. We represent our clients in trials and appeals in both state and federal courts.
The scope of the Firm’s practice includes:
- Assistance with Individual and Business Tax Audits
- Federal and State Tax-Related Internal Investigations
- Civil and Criminal Tax Investigations
- Defense of Accountants and Tax Return Preparers
- Tax Whistleblower Representation
- Federal Tax Liens, Levies and Seizures
- New York State and New York City Tax Warrants, Levies, and Seizures
- Collection Due Process Hearings
- Collection Appeal Requests
- Installment Agreements
- Offers in Compromise
- Appeals and Conciliation Conferences
- Sales and Use Tax matters
- Responsible Person Assessments
- Innocent and Injured Spouse Relief
- Passport Revocation For Seriously Delinquent Tax Debt
- Federal, State and City Offshore and Domestic Voluntary Disclosures
- Foreign Bank Account Reporting (FBAR)
Kestenbaum & Mark LLP also represents and advises accountants with respect to tax, penalty and professional responsibility matters involving the preparation of their clients’ tax returns.